Nutrition Services Overview
Standard School District Food Services manages 3,000 breakfasts and 2,500 lunches per day plus after school snacks and summer feed meals. Standard School District recognizes that a regular breakfast enhances a student's academic response and that is why we offer breakfast in the classroom to all students. School breakfasts provide a good start toward meeting a child's daily nutritional need of food energy, protein, vitamins, and minerals.
- We will provide food of the highest quality for the students, staff and community of the Standard School District.
- We will achieve this with an organized, well trained team of food service professionals that develop and encourage food service employees to work toward the common goal of producing a variety of foods that are safe, nutritious, good tasting, within state guidelines, and attractive.
- Through the successful pursuit of our commitment, we will experience an increase of students, staff and the community participating in our meal programs.
- School meals are the best deal in town. Not only are they nutritious, but also they are offered at a very reasonable cost to students.
Community Eligibility Provision<
We are pleased that the Standard School District implemented the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) for the 2019-2020 school year.
Schools that participate in the CEP are able to provide healthy breakfasts and lunches each day at no charge for all students enrolled in that CEP school during the 2019-2020 school year.
The following school sites are participating int he CEP during the 2019-2020 school year.
- Standard Elementary
- Highland Elementary
- Wingland Elementary
- Standard Middle School
Parents and Guests
Parents and guests are welcome to join their child for lunch during the children's scheduled lunch time. Parents should sign in at their student's school office. Parents are encouraged to purchase a lunch from the cafeteria for $4.00. Bringing lunch from a fast food restaurant as well as bringing soft drinks for children is strongly discouraged.
Refer to the Districts Wellness Policy regarding school parties and classroom treats
Nutritional questions and concerns
Please contact our office at 661-392-2110.
- Tracey Dougherty: Nutrition Services Director / ESC
- Email: email@example.com
Rhonda Vines: Nutrition Services Supervisor/Standard Middle School
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bette Hinson: Nutrition Services Manager II /Standard Elementary
- Email: email@example.com
Tamera Kastner: Nutrition Services Manager I / Highland Elementary
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anne Henry: Nutrition Services Manager I / Wingland Elementary
- Email: email@example.com
Standard School Nutrition Services
1200 North Chester Avenue
Bakersfield, California 93308
7:30 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday